BAPTISM TODAY – We welcome into the family of the church by baptism Clara Violet Sedgwick. Service at Christ Church Tarraville 10.30am. This is a public service of worship and you are therefore welcome to attend.
AFTERNOON TEA to MAKE PALM CROSSES
At the Rectory Thursday 26 March 2.00pm
Men and women welcome; babies are also welcome to attend.
NEWS FROM PARISH COUNCIL
· A new vacuum cleaner is to be purchased for Holy Trinity
· New roller shutters at Holy Trinity to be in honour of the late Mr Ron Nicoll; plaque to be prepared
· New/additional focus of our Parish Strategic Plan for 2015 is ‘To be changed as we listen to God in Prayer.'
· Blessing of the Fleet Sunday 11.00am April 25th Port Albert Slip Jetty
· The Umbrella Club has agreed to renovate the artificial flowers at Holy Trinity
· Free Hearing Checks to be available at Holy Trinity Hall Wednesday 22nd April; a co-ordinator is sought
· Friends of St John’s report arrangements for ANZAC Day Bush Dance at Port Albert Community Hall 7.30 – 11.00pm $10 per head.
· As a parish we will support our SRI instructors by providing $350 each as required by ACCESS ministries. A retiring offering will be provided following our Easter Day services.
· There are a great number of tasks to be done in preparation for Holy Week
Parish Councillors will be approaching people to help out with the following:
Stations of The Cross- decorate hall
- assist with advertising
- offer hospitality on Holy Saturday (see below)
Maundy Thursday Foot Washing and meal at Holy Trinity- set up hall
- food for a simple meal
- serving and washing up
Good Friday at Christ Church Tarraville- clean church before event
- co-ordinate members of other churches to participate
- cross bearer
Holy Saturday– Tarra Festival Parade- open Holy Trinity Hall for those preparing floats for the parade
- organise refreshments
After the parade – Self-guided Stations of the Cross
Lighting of New Fire and Renewal of Baptismal Vows 8pm at Holy Trinity
- ring bell, turn on lights on cue
- liturgical assistant
EASTER CELEBRATION Sunday 5 April9am Holy Trinity
- readers, power point, welcoming etc
- Someone to give out Easter Eggs and wish everyone Happy Easter
10.30am St John’s followed by Easter Egg Hunt
- Prepare children’s activity
- Hiding eggs and supervision of Easter Egg Hunt
LENTEN STUDY GROUPS –Our Bible Study Groups are using a special study for Lent entitled The God of Life by Bishop John Harrower. God of Life. These groups complete this five part study this week.
Won Wron Group meets weekly during Lent Tuesdays 6pm dinner; 7pm study (leader Elaine Wright)
Port Albert Group meets weekly at St John’s Raglan St Port Albert Wednesdays 4pm (leader Phil Tracey)
BIBLE STUDY GROUP –Yarram Coffee Connect Group meets at Coffee Palace currently studying the Book of Jonah Wednesdays 3.45pm (leader Linda Bowden)
NEW TO MISSION TABLE
Bible Society – The Kid’s Edition includes a recipe for the perfect omelette, how to make a kite, interesting facts about life in Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. www.biblesociety.org.au
Calendar – MU Lady Day
Wednesday 25th March at St Paul’s Cathedral, Sale 10.00am (see
notice board for details)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS at Holy Trinity Yarram Wednesday 1st April 7.30pm;A service of prayer and meditation as we walk the way of the cross with Jesus and again on Saturday 4th April following The Tarra Festival Parade; a self-guided walk available until 4.00pm.
This year we mount a display of art posters created by the Benedictine Nuns of Turvey Abbey in Bedford UK. These inspired illustrations of Christ's journey to the cross are presented to us through colour and symbol. Extremely rich in colour the images trace Christ's journey to the cross, from Peter's denial of his master and Jesus's willing acceptance of his cross to the crucifixion and entombment. This display will be accompanied by decorated crosses created by The Umbrella Club in 2014.